What Personal Information About Customers Does versaillescuban.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at versaillescuban.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Versaillescuban.com.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from versaillescuban.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Does Versaillescuban.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries versaillescuban.com, Inc. controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In some cases, such as Marketplace and Auctions sellers, these businesses operate stores at Amazon.com or sell offerings to you at versaillescuban.com. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of versaillescuban.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that versaillescuban.com, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of versaillescuban.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of versaillescuban.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- SSL is the gold standard in Internet encryption technology, which is a fancy way of saying that it's a highly sophisticated method of scrambling data as it travels from your computer to our website's servers.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- If someone steals your credit card information or uses your credit card in an unauthorized manner on our site (as determined by your credit card company) -- through no fault of your own -- we'll cover up to $50 of the charges your credit card company doesn't. What's more, we'll do what we can to make the whole process as hassle-free as can be.
- In an effort to make your shopping experience as secure as possible, we now require that you to enter your credit card's 3 to 4 digit security code (CVV). Since the code can only be found on the card itself, providing it helps to prevent credit card fraud.
- Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank or credit card company cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of unauthorized or fraudulent charges on a credit card. Your liability for unauthorized use of a debit card may be higher, but most debit card issuers voluntarily apply the $50 limit to their cards as well. If your bank does hold you liable for any amount up to $50, versaillescuban.com will cover the liability imposed on you, up to $50. versaillescuban.com will cover this amount only if the unauthorized use of your credit card occurred at versaillescuban.com and through no fault of your own.
- Remember: If unauthorized use of your credit or debit card does occur, you must notify your card provider, in accordance with the agreement you have with the company.
- To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
- Some browser versions and some firewalls don't permit communication through secure servers like the ones we use to process orders at versaillescuban.com. If for any reason you cannot access the secure server, please feel free to place your order with us by phone at (310) 841-2680 Phone option 1. Our Customer Service representatives will be happy to assist you.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit versaillescuban.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of California. If you have any concern about privacy at versaillescuban.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.